The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have the current policies in place regarding Black Arm Bands, Players Appearances and Donation Requests.
Black Arm Band Policy
Under club protocol we are unable to assist and action any requests for players to wear Black Arm Bands in recognition of members and fans passing. These rights are heavily restricted and are reserved to past players and club officials of the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs.
Please note that the decision made by the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs is the final decision and no further correspondence will be entered in to.
Player Appearances Policy
The Bulldogs are committed to being involved in the local community and are happy to assist in fundraising and the awareness of charitable organisations.
Requests for Bulldogs Players and/or Coaching Staff to make an appearance at an event must be in writing along with a completed player appearance request form. This must then be submitted to the Bulldogs Community Team.
Player Request Criteria and Process:
1. Requests must be submitted by completing the Player Request Form below
2. Requests must be submitted at least six (6) weeks prior to the event and must not exceed the duration of one (1) hour. An extension on this can be negotiated once the request has been submitted, however, there are no guarantees
3. All submissions will remain ‘pending’ until you are notified of the outcome of your request
4. No personal requests will be considered e.g. to attend birthday parties or similar personal gatherings
Preferences of requests are given in the following order:
1. Local Schools that are associated with the Bulldogs and NRL Game Development Programs
2. Local Junior Rugby League Clubs within the Canterbury-Bankstown Region
3. Bulldogs designated charity partners
4. Community Partners of the Bulldogs
5. Not-for-profit organisations within the Canterbury-Bankstown Region
6. Other not-for-profit organisations in the wider community
Players are not available the following times:
1. During the off season; this starts the day following the last match of the season up until mid-November
2. On bye weekends during the NRL Premiership season
3. On the team’s scheduled day off during the week
4. On game days
5. On the day before and after game day
Please also note that unfortunately the Club cannot accept responsibility for last minute player cancellations due to injury/illness or change of training schedules.
The decision for the approval of a player appearance request is entirely at the discretion of the Bulldogs Rugby League. Do note, the decision is final; no further correspondence will be entered into.
In order to consider your request you are required to fill out the Player Appearance Request form below.
Donation Request Policy
The Bulldogs Rugby League Club are proud to support not-for-profit and charitable organisations with their events and other fundraising efforts.
The Club understands that providing support to the community is important. The Bulldogs Rugby League Club assist a variety of not-for-profit and charitable organisations through awareness and fundraising activities, through a variety of donations.
The Club receives hundreds of requests for donations and/or assistance from many worthy charitable organisations and individuals each year.
While the Bulldogs are committed to assisting the community, we are unable to successfully fulfil every request due to the high volume received.
* The Bulldogs Rugby League Club DO NOT fulfil personal requests for signed memorabilia
* The Club does not accept any merchandise, for charity or otherwise, sent to the Club for signing. All items will be returned unsigned
* All members and supporters are encouraged to attend events where players may be available for signing of autographs E.G Members Day
* Requests for monetary donations and sponsorship will not be accepted
* The Bulldogs Rugby League Club receive many requests from individuals who have fallen on hard times. Whilst we hope to assist in as many requests as possible, the individual’s relationship with the game and the club will be a factor in facilitating requests
Preference will be given to groups/individuals/causes in the following order:
1. Bulldogs Rugby League Club designated charity/community partners
2. Junior Rugby League Clubs in the Bulldogs Region that require fundraising assistance;
3. Schools within the Bulldogs Region that heavily support a variety of Bulldogs community programs
4. Individuals who are involved in Rugby League in the Bulldogs Region and have fallen on hard times
5. Bulldogs Members or fans who have fallen on hard times
The following is required for all donation applications:
* Requests need to be in writing at least 8 weeks prior to the event
* Requests must be on organisation letterhead and include Company Name, postal address, and contact details
* Where the request relates to a fundraising event on behalf of another not-for-profit organisation, the request must contain an authority verifying the authenticity of the event
* Requests must advise where the fundraising proceeds will go
* Schools must provide evidence of their support of Rugby League
* Organisations must provide evidence of their support of Rugby League or Bulldogs Rugby League
* If you are fundraising via an event, please provide the date and location of the event
* Donations are limited to one per organisation, per year.
* Requests should be addressed to:
PO Box 123, Belmore NSW 2192
Or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org