The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have named Lachlan Lewis to start in the halves for Good Friday's clash with South Sydney at Stadium Australia (4:00PM AEDT).
Lewis has been rewarded after a strong performance in last week's Mounties victory over Canberra.
Jake Averillo, Chris Smith, Brandon Wakeham & Matt Doorey have been omitted from the game day line-up an hour before kick off.
With the Bulldogs having eight players out through suspension or injury, the team has been selected from a group of 21 available players.
Suspensions to Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Luke Thompson and Josh Jackson, in addition to injuries to Ray Faitala-Mariner (12-16 weeks), Jeremy Marshall-King (6-8 weeks), Jayden Okunbor (16 weeks), Christian Crichton (season ending), Ava Seumanufagai (3 weeks) and Jake Averillo (ankle) have created selection headaches for Trent Barrett, although Averillo has been named in the extended squad.
The team changes from last week's match against Brisbane have seen :
- Lewis come into the halves for Averillo for his first NRL match of the season
- Nick Meaney swap places with Corey Allan to start at full back with Allan on the wing
- Sione Katoa come into the starting side as hooker for the injured Marshall-King
- Renouf Atoni move from the bench to replace the suspended Josh Jackson
- Development squad utility Jackson Topine and Dean Britt both named on an extended bench with a final decision on the starting 17 to be made on Thursday.
Match: Bulldogs v Rabbitohs
Round 4 -
Venue: Stadium Australia, Sydney
|2||Corey Allan||Guardian Venue Management|
|3||Will Hopoate||Cincotta Chemist Campsie|
|4||Nick Cotric||Australasian Industrial Wrappings & Coatings|
|5||Tui Katoa||Southern Cross Charcoal|
|6||Lachlan Lewis||Penny's Crispy Pork Crackling|
|7||Kyle Flanagan||Sydney Freezers|
|8||Dylan Napa||Intello IT|
|9||Sione Katoa||Jay Productions & Events|
|10||Jack Hetherington||MMX Projects|
|11||Adam Elliott||TLH Recruitment|
|12||Corey Waddell||Dental on Evaline|
|13||Renouf Atoni||Daily Press|
|14||Jackson Topine||Khalil Family Lawyers|
|15||Dean Britt||Urbanista Café & Convenience|
|16||Joe Stimson||Your Property People|
|17||Ofahiki Ogden||McDonalds Punchbowl/Lakemba|
|Head Coach||Trent Barrett||ShoeGrab|
|Assistant Coach||David Furner|
|Assistant Coach||Craig Sandercock|
|NRL Transitional Coach||David Tangata-Toa|