You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content

The Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs NYC side have walked away from ANZ Stadium with one point after a 20 all draw with the Wests Tigers in Round eight.

The Bulldogs were first on the scoreboard when a shift to the left allowed winger Alvin Maungaati to cross in the corner on the seventh minute. New five-eighth Kieran Hayman who replaced Adam Keighran converted the try from the sideline to give the visitors a six nil lead.

The game went from end to end for the next ten minutes before the home-side crossed for their first through winger James Tautaiolefua playing his first game in the NYC. The conversion was unsuccessful and the Bulldogs lead 6-4.

The Bulldogs got their second try of the match four minutes later when back-rower Jayden Okunbor dived over from dummy-half in the 23rd minute, following a half break from centre Dalton Smith. Haymans conversion hit the post and went over to extend the Bulldogs lead by eight.

Back to back penalties from the Tigers gave the Bulldogs great field position and the boys in blue and white were able to capitalise on the opportunity when second-rower Jack Gibbons ran a great line to score off a beautiful pass from halfback Michael Doolan. Hayman added his third for the match and the visitors lead 18-4.

The Tigers managed to grab their second of the match when centre Liam Pakau scooted down the short side to score. Connelly Lemuelu’s conversion was waved away.

The final five minutes of the opening half saw both teams throw the ball around, but come away with no points, which gave the Bulldogs an 18-8 lead at the break.

The second half began with the Wests Tigers crossing in the 45th minute through winger Peter Pakoti in the corner after a shift from their right to the left. The conversion was waved away.

The Bulldogs had their chance in the 53rd minute, but second rower Jayden Okunbor was held up over the line after some desperate defence from the Tigers.

The home side turned the Bulldogs away and were gaining momentum, when front row forward Thomas Mikaele split the Bulldogs defence three minutes later to run 40 metres and score. The Tigers were able to convert the try through James Tautaiolefua and level the scores at 18 all.

The next fifteen minutes saw both sides convert a penalty each and lock the game up at 20 all with five minutes to go in the game.

With both teams unable to convert their field goal attempts in the final minutes, the result finished in a 20-20 draw.

Bulldogs 20 (Maungaati, Okunbor, Gibbons tries; Hayman 4 goals) Tigers 20 (Tautaiolefua, Pakau, Pakoti, Mikaele tries: Tautaiolefua 2 goals). Half Time: Bulldogs 18-8

Acknowledgement of Country

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs respect and honour the Darug and Eora nations, who are the Traditional Custodians of the land and pay our respects to their Elders past, present and future. We acknowledge the stories, traditions and living cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples on the lands we meet, gather and play on.