Up to $2.5 million in prizemoney and incentives will be up for grabs in the NRL Finals Series which begins next week.
This includes $1 million in prizemoney, rising from $20,000 for a first week Finals loser through to $400,000 for the Grand Final winner.
A spokesman said an article in the Sydney Morning Herald today claiming that prize money was only awarded to the Minor Premiers and Premiers was incorrect.
Prizemoney during the Finals series includes:
- Minor Premiers ($100,000)
- Finals Week 1 loser ($20,000 per team)
- Finals Week 2 loser ($30,000 per team)
- Finals Week 3 Losers ($100,000 per team)
- Grand Final Runner Up ($200,000)
- Grand Final Winner ($400,000)
The spokesman said an additional $1.5 million was available to clubs reaching the Finals in corporate hospitality and cash incentives for achieving gate and attendance targets during the Finals.
The NRL has indicated it is prepared to pool a greater share of the club grants to increase the Minor Premiership prizemoney if the clubs support such a move.