Greg Eastwood plays the game tough and for the Kiwi International, the courage Alex McKinnon has shown since his injury has been inspiring.
Round 19 will see everyone involved in the game come together and support Alex McKinnon and the RiseForAlex trust, through donations, attending games, buying wristbands, but rallying together as a rugby league community and helping one of their own.
“It’s great to see him on the mend and the game come together this weekend for a special occasion,” said Eastwood.
It’s never nice to see players careers cut short due to injury and for Eastwood, the way Alex has handled himself through this tough time has been inspiring.
“The way he has handled himself is really inspiring and if you are doing it tough, take a look at Alex, because he certainly has inspired the nation,” said Eastwood.
How you can Rise for Alex.
• The NRL will be donating one dollar to the RiseForAlex Fund for every Rugby League fan who attends any match during Round 19.
• Fans can make donations by purchasing a RiseForAlex wristband that will be sold at all matches across the RiseForAlex Round (Round 19 & 20).
• Fans can also make donations online at www.riseforalex.org.au or by texting RiseForAlex to 0498 555 555.
• The NRL Footy Show, along with Telstra, will open up the lines for donations with a call centre from 8.30pm AEST on July 17. Telephone: 1800 441 991.
150 Telstra volunteers and players from several clubs will answer calls during the night.
• The Daily Telegraph will donate one dollar from every newspaper sold on Saturday 19 July.
The NRL’s broadcast partners Fox Sports, 2GB and Triple M have also contributed support to the RiseForAlex round