You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content
The Bulldogs Holden Cup side have this afternoon fallen short of a grand final appearance with the Warriors defeating the young pups 54-38 at ANZ Stadium.

The Bulldogs went to the break leading 28-16 after originally being down 16-nil but the Warriors proved to be too strong through the middle of the park to run in nine tries to the Bulldogs seven.

Coach Andy Patmore chose to leave Michael Morgan and Dylan Rintoul out of his side with David Minute starting from the interchange bench.

The Warriors got the jump on the young pups with the boys from New Zealand scoring three tries in the opening 15 minutes. It was simply the Bulldogs defence that was letting them down with a number of guys falling off tackles and the Warriors were able to turn it into points. Tries in the 7th, 11th and 15th minutes put the Warriors out to a 16-nil lead after two of the tries were converted by halfback Mason Lino.

The tide turned in the 17th minute when captain Moses Mbye used his Captains Challenge call and got the result he was after with the Bulldogs gaining possession off the Warriors error just 20m out from their line.

Halfback Jaelen Feeney crossed for the Bulldogs opening try in the next minute and that was followed by a further four tries to finish out the half and give the Bulldogs 28-16 lead at the break.

Lloyd Perrett charged over for the pups second and then three tries from John Sila, a second for Feeney and back rower Shaun Lane in the final seven minutes of the half. Fullback Patrick Templeman converted all of the tries bar one to put the side on top.

The Bulldogs opened the scoring in the second half through interchange forward Herman Eseese to extend the lead and score out to 34-16 and then the tide again turned back the Warriors way with the side from across the ditch running in three unanswered tries to level the score at 34-all. Five-eighth Tuimoala Lolohea scored and then prop forward James Taylor crossed for a double.

Winger Dujuan Liolevave was able to go over and put the Bulldogs back in the lead but the joy was short lived with the Warriors crossing for a further two tries through Lino and then Albert Vete. They were able to then hold on for the remaining 11 minutes and managed to score one more final try through centre Ngataua Hukatai to book themselves a spot in the Grand Final next week with a 52-38 victory.

Lino slotted over a penalty goal as the final siren sounded to confirm the 54-38 win.

WARRIORS 54 (Taylor 2, Faitala-Mariner, Havili, Lisati, Lolohea, Lino, Vete, Hukatai Tries; Lino 9 Goals)


BULLDOGS 38 (Feeney 2, Perrett, Sila, Lane, Eseese, Liolevave Tries; Templeman 5 Goals)

At: ANZ Stadium
Acknowledgement of Country

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs respect and honour the Darug and Eora nations, who are the Traditional Custodians of the land and pay our respects to their Elders past, present and future. We acknowledge the stories, traditions and living cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples on the lands we meet, gather and play on.