Bulldogs second-rower Corey Harawira-Naera is in line to make his International Test debut for the New Zealand Kiwis’, whilst five-eighth Kieran Foran returns to the Test arena for their upcoming fixtures against the Kangaroos and the Great Britain Lions.
Harawira-Naera receives a second opportunity to debut on the International stage after being ruled out of last year's squad due to injury. The Hokianga raised product joins three other fresh faces in Braden Hamlin-Uele, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad and Zane Tetevano who join the New Zealand squad for the first time.
2019 caps a memorable year for Harawira-Naera, who featured for the New Zealand Māori Kiwis against the Australian Indigenous All-Stars in January and will don the black jersey for Aotearoa in a week's time at the Rugby League World Cup 9s.
Foran's form coincided with the Bulldog's resurgence in the back end of the 2019 NRL Premiership Season, which saw Canterbury-Bankstown win seven of their last ten matches to end the year.
The Kiwis begin their Test campaign with their Oceania Cup clash against the Kangaroos in Wollongong on Friday, October 25 before flying to New Zealand for two Tests against the reformed GB Rugby League Lions (Great Britain).
The first of these will be the second match of an international triple-header at Auckland’s Eden Park on Saturday, November 2, which also features the Kangaroos facing Tonga Invitational and Toa Samoa taking on Fiji Bati in Oceania Cup matches.
The Kiwis then move to Christchurch for the second Test at Orangetheory Stadium on Saturday, November 9.
Kiwis Test Squad
- Leeson Ah Mau (NZ Warriors)
- Nelson Asofa-Solomona (Melbourne Storm)
- Kenneath Bromwich (Melbourne Storm)
- Kieran Foran (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
- Braden Hamlin-Uele (Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks)
- Corey Harawira-Naera (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
- Jahrome Hughes (Melbourne Storm)
- Jamayne Isaako (Brisbane Broncos)
- Shaun Johnson (Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks)
- Isaac Liu (Sydney Roosters)
- Joseph Manu (Sydney Roosters)
- Benji Marshall (Wests Tigers)
- Ken Maumalo (NZ Warriors)
- Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad (Canberra Raiders)
- Briton Nikora (Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks)
- Kevin Proctor (Gold Coast Titans)
- Jordan Rapana (Canberra Raiders)
- Brandon Smith (Melbourne Storm)
- Joseph Tapine (Canberra Raiders)
- Zane Tetevano (Sydney Roosters)
- Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (NZ Warriors)
- Jared Waerea Hargreaves (Sydney Roosters)