The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs play their first home game at Bankwest Stadium this Saturday, and who better to get things started against than the Penrith Panthers.
The Bulldogs’ Round 20 clash with the Panthers this Saturday (5-30pm), will be the first-time club members and fans will get to experience the atmosphere at the new stadium.
Proximity to the field and steeper grandstands bring fans closer to the action than ever before and a 360-degree view of the field from Level 1 means you won’t miss a thing.
Saturday’s fixture will feature both club’s Jersey Flegg, Canterbury Cup and NRL sides taking to the field with the first game kicking off at 1.30pm.
Fans are encouraged to buy tickets quickly with Family GA passes - which admit four - costing $50 at Bankwest.
Event-goers will be able to catch the train, bus or other public transport services to and from Parramatta using just their event ticket or Club Membership.
A look inside the new Bankwest Stadium
Family Fun Zone (Outside Gate B): 1:15pm
Gates Open: 1:15pm
Jersey Flegg: 1:30pm
Canterbury Cup: 3:15pm
NRL Kick-Off: 5:30pm
Match: Bulldogs v Panthers
Round 20 -
Venue: Bankwest Stadium, Sydney
* Club 18 will be located at the North West Terrace (Aisle 229)
* Ticket Box will be located at Gate B
* Membership and Merchandise Huts will be located at aisles 121 and 128
* Membership Marquee will be outside Gate B
* All 2019 Members are eligible to receive 20% off any tickets purchased to remaining Bulldogs home games, including our game against the Penrith Panthers, by entering their unique promo code provided to them upon the purchase of their Membership. CLICK HERE for more information.
* All game-goers heading to Parramatta for game day will receive discounts and deals at the popular ‘Eat Street’ dining district. With a range of dining and drink options available, be sure to take full advantage of this great benefit on game day. CLICK HERE for more information.
IN ADDITION, THERE WILL BE:
* A Family Fun Zone located outside gate B featuring inflatables, KIA photobooth, face painters, jumping castle, fairy floss and much more.
* Sapphires performing pre-game
* Match ball delivery (rookie member)
* Pup walk
The Bulldogs will be giving away a commemorative flag for the first 2500 people at the club’s inaugural home fixture to be played at Bankwest Stadium.
Simply head to the Family fun zone located outside Gate B to collect your flag.
Race the Sting – Kia’s resident sprint star – in a 200m dash around Bankwest Stadium for your chance to win a Kia Stinger, worth over $57,000*!
So to even things up, we’ll spot you a 25-metre head start plus the roar of the crowd to help get you home. (And if you’re a Bulldogs Member, you’ll get an extra 10-metre head start on top!)
If you beat the Sting, you’ll be the proud new owner of a Kia Stinger. If he beats you, Kia will donate $500 to Bulldogs in the Community.
To enter, visit the Kia Dome in the family fun zone outside gate B of Bankwest Stadium before kick-off, with the race to be held at half-time during the NRL fixture.
GETTING TO THE GAME:
All ticketed memberships and game day tickets include travel to and from Parramatta on all public transport. The best way to get to and from Bankwest Stadium is by public transport with only a very limited amount of parking available. If you must drive, there is no public parking at Bankwest Stadium. For more info on parking in Parramatta, check the City of Parramatta website.
The closest station to Bankwest Stadium is Parramatta Station, which is approximately a 10-minute walk from the stadium. Alternatively, you catch a train to Westmead Station then head to Bankwest Stadium through Parramatta Park. There is a shuttle bus that goes from Parramatta Station to the Stadium
Plenty of regular route bus services run to and from Parramatta Interchange which is within a 10 minute walking distance of Bankwest Stadium. From the interchange head down Argyle St, Church St and take either the Riverside Walk or walk through Prince Alfred Square to get to the stadium on O’Connell St.
Plenty of other regular bus routes also run to Parramatta and stop within walking distance of the stadium including routes 549, 603, 606, 609, 625 and M54.
For those who plan to drive, there is no public parking onsite. There are a number of parking stations close the Stadium for patrons wanting to park in the area including:
* Justice Precinct Car Park (Hunter Street)
* Eat Street Car Park (George Street)
* City Centre Car Park (George Street)
* Riverbank Car Park (Phillip Street)
* Parramatta Leagues Club
For more information on Bankwest Stadium, including maps, transport, Conditions of Entry, FAQs and more head to the event page here. please CLICK HERE!
Ride in with fellow members and fans with Supporter Buses to and from Bankwest Stadium. Buses will leave outside Canterbury Leagues Club and then onto The Lakemba Club en-route to Parramatta with the first bus departing at 2:30pm and the last bus at 4.30pm sharp. Buses will return to The Lakemba Club and make a trip to Canterbury Leagues Club for the final drop off at the conclusion of the match.
• Adults: $10 return
• Concession/Child: $5 return
• FREE TRAVEL FOR BULLDOGS MEMBERS ONLY WHO HAVE A BUS PASS.