The NRL Beanies for Brain Cancer Round is back this weekend as the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs face the Sydney Roosters at ANZ Stadium.
Throughout Round 19, the rugby league community will join the Mark Hughes Foundation to help raise much-needed research funds.
This year’s Beanie for Brain Cancer Round urges fans to buy an MHF Beanie at all NRL matches or donate online with the aim of raising $3 million for research.
The Beanies for Brain Cancer Round was an initiative established by the late Nine NRL executive producer Matt Callander in association with the Mark Hughes Foundation (MHF).
The 17 players from the Bulldogs and Roosters will run out wearing Mark Hughes Foundation beanies, while fans are encouraged to buy beanies at the stadium on game day, at Lowes and IGA stores or online at markhughesfoundation.com.au.
All funds raised from the sale of the beanies will be donated to the foundation, supporting brain cancer research and ultimately better outcomes for patients.
Match: Bulldogs v Roosters
Round 19 -
Venue: ANZ Stadium, Sydney
- LIVE PASS
Brain Cancer statistics
* Survival rates have increased by 1% over the last 30 years
* Kills more children than any other disease
* Only 2/10 people diagnosed will live more than 5 years
* Kills more people under 40 than any other cancer
* Receives less than 5% of federal funding for cancer research
* One person every 5 hours is diagnosed in Australia