You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content

This weekend will see the Sydney Football Stadium host its last ever rugby league game, 30 years after opening its doors.

Since its debut in 1988, the SFS has produced countless moments and memories for rugby league fans, as well as Canterbury supporters.

So, it's fitting we take a look back at 10 of the club's best at the venue.

1988 Grand Final: Bulldogs v Tigers

The first Grand Final at the Sydney Football Stadium saw the Bulldogs claim a 24-12 victory over the Tigers. The Tigers led 6-4 after 30 minutes, but the Dogs proved too strong thanks to tries from Terry Lamb, Glen Nissan, David Gillespie and Michael Hagan.

The Bulldogs were coached by Phil Gould, having taken over from Warren Ryan who coached the club to three Grand Finals and two premierships in the 80s. Gould also became the youngest coach to win a premiership.

1995 Grand Final: Bulldogs v Sea Eagles

Having finished in sixth place at the end of the regular season, the Bulldogs managed a history-making finals surge, winning three sudden death matches to make the Grand Final.

Their opponents were the Manly Sea-Eagles, who finished the regular season with a 22-3 win/loss record.

Canterbury were ahead at half-time 6-4 and went on to score two more tries through Rod Silva and Glen Hughes.

At game's end Terry Lamb enjoyed the rare honour of celebrating as a retiring and victorious skipper, although he returned for the 1996 season.

The Bulldogs celebrated their seventh premiership and Jim Dymock walked away with the Clive Churchill medal.

Nigel Vagana scores 5

Nigel Vagana equalled Edgar Newham's 60-year-old record in 2002 when he scored five tries in his side's emphatic win over the South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Newham bagged five for Canterbury in 1942 and his feat was matched by the 27-year old centre.
Vagana scored three in the first half and two in the second to guide the Bulldogs to a 32-6 victory.

El Masri's brilliant try saver

In the 2003 final between the Bulldogs and the Storm, Melbourne centre Steven Bell collected the ball inside his own half, with his team trailing 4-0 in the 16th minute.

Bell was headed towards the try line and looked certain to score, but a desperate tackle from Canterbury winger Hazem El Masri turned him on his back to prevent him from scoring and help seal the match.

Hodkinson's 2014 field goal: Semi-final v Manly Sea Eagles

The Bulldogs beat the Sea Eagles 18-17 in Golden Point, courtesy of a second Trent Hodkinson field goal in a game that had absolutely everything.

The scores were locked at 17 all at the end of the 80 minutes and after several unsuccessful field goal attempts in extra time, it was the radar boot of Hodkinson that saw one sail between the posts in the 84th minute and send the Bulldogs through to the Prelim Final.

1998 Preliminary Final

The Bulldogs went on to win the 1998 Preliminary Final 32-20 in extra-time, after trailing 18-6 late in the second half. The famous fightback started with ten minutes and 27 seconds remaining on the clock when Craig Polla-Mounter crashed over to score.

Two more tries followed with Rod Silva and Willie Talau both scoring in the north west corner and Daryl Halligan converting both to send the game into extra-time.

From there, the Bulldogs had all the momentum, scoring two more tries and kicking two field goals to walk away with one of the club's greatest victories and send the side to the 1998 decider.

First win at the venue: Round 3, 1988 v Roosters

Canterbury's first win at the Stadium came in round three of the 1988 season when they defeated Eastern Suburbs 14-10.

The Dogs scrapped home thanks to a late try to winger Henry Raymond, while Peter Tunks and David Gillespie both finished the match with fractured cheekbones.

It was the home sides' third loss at the new venue, but the Bulldogs third straight win to start the season.

Hazem El Masri hat-trick: 2004 Preliminary Final

The Bulldogs booked a spot in the 2004 grand final with a 16-point win over the Penrith Panthers.

Bulldogs winger Hazem El Masri was the star of the night, scoring three tries and kicking five goals.

El Masri's first try was off the back of a beautiful kick from half-back Brent Sherwin in the 25th minute, before his second and third came late in the second half.

The hat-trick was the sixth time the winger had scored 3 or more tries in a game and contributed to the 342 points he scored during the season.

Daryl Halligan field goal: 1994 Major Semi Final

The Bulldogs claimed the minor premiership after finishing the regular season with 18 wins and 4 losses.

The 1994 finals series involved the top five and finishing on top of the ladder saw Canterbury have a week off.

Week two set up a clash with the Canberra Raiders, with winger Daryl Halligan having a brilliant game in the club's 19-18 victory in the major semi-final - slotting the winning field goal in extra-time to propel the club into the grand final.

Biggest Win: 2003 v Rabbitohs Round 21

The Bulldogs made light work of South Sydney in their round 21 match at the Sydney Football Stadium, walking away with a 62-12 victory.

Souths scored the first try of the match after five minutes, but it was all downhill from there for the home side.

Canterbury led 20-8 at half-time and in the end, the Bulldogs scored 10 tries in all with winger Matt Utai bagging a hat-trick and Willie Mason crossing twice.

Hazem El Masri kicked 11 goals and crossed for a try for a total of 26 points.

Mark O'Meley, Ben Harris, Nigel Vagana and Braith Anasta were the other try scorers, while Shane Rigon scored in the 47th minute for the home side.