Fun footy for everyone in a 9-a-side format and new players to the game welcome! Create a new team and bring a mate.
Who: Open age players – 17 years of age or older
Where: Peter Hislop Park, Auburn. Entrance off Everley Rd, Auburn
When: 6 consecutive Friday nights. Starting on Friday 20th October and running to Friday 24th November. First game 6pm final game kicks off at 8:30pm each night.
Teams: Made up of 15 players total. 9 players on the field at a time.
- 4 Week program
- 9 players on a full field
- Maximum 15 players per team per week
- No limit to the amount of players registering to each team
- 2 x 9 minute halves- 2-minute half time break
- Teams play two games per session
- Ground Manager act as scorers (one more field)
- Referees should be appointed through your Local Referees Association
- One Sports Trainer for the venue
Subject to the modifications below, games will be played under the international Laws of Rugby League. All requirements governing the off-field conduct of matches and the behavior of players (e.g. judiciary) will be outlined in the NSWRL Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Each match will be 18 minutes’ duration and will be comprised of two halves of 9 minutes. There will be a half time period of no longer than 2 minutes.
- Teams will consist of no more than 15 players, with no more than nine (9) players on the field at any one time. Unlimited interchange may take place during the course of the match, using the six pre-named substitutes. A maximum of two players can be interchanged at any one time.
- Five players only will form scrums. Scrums will only be formed in the event of a double knock on or a mutual infringement. In all other circumstances play will restart with a handover to the non-offending team, including where kicks find touch in general play. The handover will be provided to the non-kicking team ten metres infield opposite where the ball crossed the line.
- There will be five tackles per set.
- The re-start of play from the halfway line, after points have been scored, will be by a tap- restart by the non-scoring team.
- Kicks for goals will be by way of drop kick (unless goal posts are unavailable in which case there will be no kicks for goal).
- Penalties will result in a tap for the non-offending team 10 metres from the place of infringement.
- Periods of temporary suspension (sin bin) will be for 5 minutes’ duration.
- Any period of temporary suspension expires at the end of the game.
- Competition Points- 3 for a win, 2 for a draw, 1 for a loss.
- All other situations not covered in these rules will be at the discretion of the Program Coordinator.
For further information please contact Danielle Kifooti at firstname.lastname@example.org.