Over the last two seasons players from the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs NYC team have been working towards achieving their Certificate 3 in Sport Career Orientated Participation.
This year the Club had 16 boys completing the course and receiving their full qualification.
The Cert 3 in Sport course has been designed for individuals who are wanting to undertake a career as a professional athlete and includes the below 10 core units; as well as modules specific to Rugby League.
- Organise personal work priorities and development
- Provide first aid
- Develop a personal management plan
- Develop personal media skills
- Develop a personal financial plan
- Prepare a sponsorship proposal
- Model the responsibilities of an elite athlete
- Design an athlete’s diet
- Undertake risk analysis of activities
- Follow work health and safety policies
Whilst undertaking each module the boys also learnt some key employability skills such as effective communication, planning and organisation, problem solving and self-management provided by both internal and external professionals.
The knowledge and employability skills attained by the boys will not only help them in the future as potential professional athletes, but also in all aspects of life.
The Education and Wellbeing Department from the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs would like to congratulate all the boys on achieving this qualification.
The Department would also like to thank Tim Van Dalen from the Australian Vocational Training Academy for conducting and administering the course.