2017 ISP Team of the Year
The 2017 Intrust Super Premiership NSW Team of the Year has been announced following the conclusion of the regular season.
The team was selected by a number of experts, as well as being influenced by how many times the player featured in the NSWRL ISP Team of the Week.
The side has been dominated by the teams that finished in the top four and three Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs players have been chosen.
Josh Cleeland has been selected at five-eighth, Rhyse Martin in the back-row and Rod Griffin has earnt himself a bench spot.
Cleeland, finished the regular season with 13 tries, 10 try assists, 12 line breaks, 13 line break assists, 53 tackle breaks and has been one of the Bulldogs most consistent players of 2017.
Martin has had a great season with the club following his move to Belmore from the Townsville Blackhawks.
A hard working back-rower, the 24-year old finished the regular season with 8 tries, 53 goals, 45 tackle breaks, 8 line breaks and an average of 121 metres and 30 tackles per game.
Meanwhile, Griffin who only arrived at the club in January, has had an outstanding season for the Bulldogs and adds plenty of experience to a youthful side.
The experienced forward gets through a mountain of work each week and finished the twenty five Rounds with 28 offloads, 48 tackle breaks, 4 tries and an average of 128 metres and 31 tackles per game.
- Luke Sharpe (Wyong Roos)
- Tom Hughes (Newcastle Knights)
- Matt Ikuvalu (Wyong Roos)
- Ed Murphy (North Sydney bears)
- Bureta Faraimo (New Zealand Warriors)
- Josh Cleeland (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
- Cameron Cullen (Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles)
- Eloni Vunakece (Wyong Roos)
- Mitch Rein (Penrith Panthers)
- Kurt Dillon (Newtown Jets)
- Jamil Hopoate (Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles)
- Rhyse Martin (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
- Cheyne Whitelaw (North Sydney Bears)
- Mason Lino (New Zealand Warriors)
- Toafofoa Sipley (New Zealand Warriors)
- Scott Sorenson (Mounties)
- Rod Griffin (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
COACH: Rip Taylor (Wyong Roos)