We are the family club that unites and inspires. This year we have decided to lace up for the Black Dog Institute and run the City2Surf.
Suicide is the leading cause of death of Australians aged 15 – 44 years. We can't let this continue but we need your help.
By running for Team Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs City2Surf you can help create a mentally healthier world.
‘We ask all members & fans to please get behind this heart-warming initiative with the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs & the Black Dog Institute. By running the City2Surf and you can help break down the barriers of social stigma surrounding mental illness.’ State of Mind Ambassador for the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs, Moses Mbye
So how do you join Team Bulldogs in the C2S? It's simple!
- REGISTER! Head to the City2Surf website and sign up.
- CHOOSE! During the registration process select the Black Dog Institute as your charity of choice.
- FUNDRAISE! Once you have registered don’t forget to join the Canterbury Bankstown Team, the first 100 people to join & register their details will quality for a special addition Black Dog Institute & Canterbury Bankstown T-Shirt.
This is your opportunity to make a real difference and take your fundraising to the next level as a City2Surf legend for mental health in Australia.
Why sign up to Team Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs?
Exercise is a great method of staying on top of your mental health. A large volume of research has found that exercise can significantly reduce mild to moderate depression.
You can help Black Dog Institute raise vital funds for:
- Research into Suicide prevention and clinical treatment.
- Expand our education programs throughout metropolitan and regional Australia.
- Diagnose mood disorders accurately and early
One in five Australians will experience a mental illness in their lifetime but less than 50% seek professional help - often with tragic consequences.