The Queensland Maroons have named two new faces for the opening match of the 2017 State of Origin series.
Sydney Roosters prop Dylan Napa and Brisbane Broncos five-eighth Anthony Milford have both been selected in the starting 17 for the May 31 match at Suncorp Stadium.
Napa gets his opportunity to step up following Matt Scott's season-ending knee injury.
Milford has been named in the number six jersey, with star playmaker Johnathan Thurston highly unlikely to be fit due to a shoulder injury.
Thurston who has made 36 consecutive Origin appearances for the Maroons has been named as 18th man.
Meanwhile, Melbourne Storm fullback Billy Slater has been overlooked for the opening game, with Darius Boyd retaining his number one jersey.
Queensland Maroons Origin I team
1. Darius Boyd (Brisbane Broncos)
2. Corey Oates (Brisbane Broncos)
3. Will Chambers (Melbourne Storm)
4. Justin O'Neill (North Queensland Cowboys)
5. Dane Gagai (Newcastle Knights)
6. Anthony Milford (Brisbane Broncos)
7. Cooper Cronk (Melbourne Storm)
8. Dylan Napa (Sydney Roosters)
9. Cameron Smith (c) (Melbourne Storm)
10. Nate Myles (Manly Sea Eagles)
11. Josh Papalii (Canberra Raiders)
12. Matt Gillett (Brisbane Broncos)
13. Josh McGuire (Brisbane Broncos)
14. Michael Morgan (North Queensland Cowboys)
15. Sam Thaiday (Brisbane Broncos)
16. Aidan Guerra (Sydney Roosters)
17. Jacob Lillyman (Warriors)
18. Johnathan Thurston (North Queensland Cowboys)