With just two weeks remaining until the start of the 2017 NRL Telstra Premiership, fans are being encouraged to pre-purchase and save for blockbusters following a major release of tickets on Thursday.
Tickets for a number of early-season blockbusters went on sale at midday today, while all home games for Clubs including Premiers Cronulla, South Sydney, Wests Tigers and Canberra Raiders are now on sale.
Some of the blockbusters now on sale include:
• The season-opener between Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks and Brisbane Broncos on Thursday, March 2;
• The first Friday 6pm match, at Belmore Sports Ground between the Bulldogs and the Storm;
• South Sydney's Round One match against Wests Tigers on Friday, March 3;
• The Round Two all-Queensland derby between Brisbane and North Queensland at Suncorp Stadium on Friday, March 10;
• St George Illawarra's back-to-back home matches to start the season, against Penrith Panthers at UOW Jubilee Oval in Saturday in Round One and against Parramatta at WIN Stadium on Sunday in Round Two;
• Sydney Roosters' first four home matches, including the ANZAC Day Clash at Allianz Stadium on Tuesday, April 25;
All Round One matches are now on sale.
To coincide with the major release of tickets today, the NRL has launched a special teaser advertising campaign ahead of the official Season Launch next Thursday (February 23).
The 30-second teaser is based on the famous quote by legendary former Cronulla Coach Jack Gibson, who famously said that "waiting for Cronulla to win the Grand Final is like leaving a porchlight on for Harold Holt".
The ad depicts residents in the suburbs of the Sutherland Shire turning their porchlights on, and features Premiership-winning Captain Paul Gallen.
"Last year the Sharks proved that anything is possible. Each win was as much about the community and fans getting behind their team, as it was when the premiership trophy was lifted," NRL Chief Commercial Officer Andrew Abdo said.
"The tagline for this teaser is: Who will make history this year?
"Ultimately, it was Sharks fans who played such a memorable role in the week of the 2016 Grand Final. They inspired the players and produced a symbolic moment of their own after the game when so many stayed to celebrate their team's win.
"It showed that fans make the difference, and that will be on ongoing theme for us. While the teaser is about looking back at last year, the major campaign will look forward to 2017, when fans can be part of history again."
Mr Abdo said there would be a slightly different feel for the NRL's official advertising campaign of 2017, which will be unveiled at next Thursday's Season Launch at Martin Place.
To join us and stand proud call our Membership Team on 1300 769 164 or CLICK HERE