Brisbane Broncos will open the 2016 Telstra Premiership Finals Series on Friday night against Gold Coast Titans at Suncorp Stadium.
The NRL today confirmed the times and venues for Week 1 of the Telstra Premiership Finals Series, which will also feature minor premiers Melbourne facing defending premiers North Queensland on Saturday night at AAMI Park.
· 2015 grand finalists the Broncos will face fellow Queensland outfit the Titans on Friday night at Suncorp Stadium;
· Canberra Raiders will face Cronulla at GIO Stadium on Saturday at 5.35pm;
· The Storm host last year’s premiers North Queensland at AAMI Park on Saturday night at 7.55pm;
· Penrith Panthers will play the Bulldogs in an all-Sydney derby on Sunday afternoon at Allianz Stadium.
NRL CEO Todd Greenberg said the opening weekend of the Finals Series offered some wonderful match-ups.
“We saw how close the regular season was – the make-up of the top eight came down to the final game and the minor premier was only confirmed in the final round,” Mr Greenberg said.
“This will be a wonderful way to kick off the Finals Series.”
Melbourne Storm CEO Dave Donaghy said he was excited about the prospect of a Storm-Cowboys match on a Saturday night in Melbourne.
"With clear air in Melbourne on Saturday we have been given a great opportunity to build our Club and code in our city, especially after what was a wonderful occasion last night,” Mr Donaghy said.
"We are more than comfortable with a Saturday night game and are looking forward to a big crowd at AAMI Park against the premiers."
Brisbane Broncos CEO Paul White added: “Week one has given us a wonderful opportunity for an all-Queensland final on a Friday night at Suncorp Stadium.
“Last year's week one game against the Cowboys was an incredible occasion and I look forward to a similar feel against the Titans.”
NRL Telstra Premiership Finals Series – Week 1
Elimination Final: Friday, September 9, 7.55pm, Suncorp Stadium
NRL: (5) Brisbane Broncos v (8) Gold Coast Titans
Holden Cup: (2) Nth Qld Cowboys v (3) St George-Illawarra Dragons, 5.15pm
Qualifying Final: Saturday, September 10, 5.35pm, GIO Stadium
NRL: (2) Canberra Raiders v (3) Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks
Holden Cup: (5) Sydney Roosters v (8) Canberra Raiders, 2.55pm
Qualifying Final: Saturday, September 10, 7.55pm, AAMI Park
NRL: (1) Melbourne Storm v (4) North Qld Cowboys
Elimination Final: Sunday, September 11, 4.10pm, Allianz Stadium
NRL: (6) Penrith Panthers v (7) Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
Holden Cup: (1) Penrith Panthers v (4) Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks, 1.30pm
Holden Cup: (6) Wests Tigers v (7) Parramatta Eels, 11.10am
Fans will be able to attend NRL Telstra Premiership Finals Series matches from $20 for members and $25 for the general public.Tickets will be on sale to Ticketed Club Members at 10am this Monday (September 5), and non-ticketed members and nrl.com members at 4pm this Monday.
Finals Series tickets will be on sale to the general public at 10am on Tuesday (September 6) at www.nrl.com/tickets.
Fans are also reminded that tickets for the NRL Telstra Premiership Grand Final, on October 2, are also on sale at www.nrl.com/tickets
Ticketed Club Members
- Ticketed Members will receive an email on the Sunday evening and the Monday morning with their AAN password which will need to be used to purchase tickets. These AAN passwords are unique, and if you do not receive an email with the details, please contact your club.
- Ticketed Members can then purchase from 10am on the Monday of each week through Ticketek (online, mobile, over the phone or at a Ticketek box office)
- Ticketed Members can use their AAN password to purchase up until gameday
- For those members whose club isn’t in the top 8, you will be able to purchase through the Non Ticketed Members window
- Non-Ticketed Members will receive an email on the Monday morning with their password which will need to be used to purchase tickets.
- Non-Ticketed Members can then purchase from 4pm on the Monday of each week through Ticketek (Online, mobile, over the phone or at a Ticketek box office)
- General Public can purchase tickets from 10am Tuesday of each week.
- Purchasers will need to enter either a team password when purchasing tickets, or a generic NRL password if you aren’t supporting either of the teams. These passwords will be present on the Ticketek page as you purchase.