Who will secure fourth Position?
The race to secure position number four is still alive with one week left in the regular season.
The Roosters, Broncos and Cowboys have secured positions one, two and three, but position number four is still up for grabs with a round to play.
The Sharks currently sit in fourth position on 32 points, while the Storm, Bulldogs and Rabbitohs sit in fifth, sixth and seventh respectively on the ladder with 30 points.
All four of these teams could finish in fourth position and be granted to bites at the cherry depending on results this weekend.
The Cronulla Sharks host the Manly Sea-Eagles, the Storm head to Brisbane for their final game, the Bulldogs host the Warriors and the Rabbitohs will clash with rivals the Roosters on Friday night.
It’s a crucial weekend for all four teams, because having two bites at the cherry is a huge advantage, although the Bulldogs did make the Grand Final in 2014 from seventh position.
Sharks win = finish fourth.
Storm win and Sharks lose = finish fourth
Bulldogs win and Sharks, Storm, Rabbitohs lose = finish fourth
Rabbitohs win and Sharks, Bulldogs, Storm lose = finish fourth
If Sharks and Storm lose, but Bulldogs and Rabbioths win – fourth position will be determined by how much both sides win by and what their final point differential ends up being. (Bulldogs currently +38, Rabbitohs +28)
Round 26 KEY MATCH STATS:
Sharks (32) v Sea-Eagles (24)
- 11 wins for Manly from their past 12 matches against the Sharks
- Six wins from the past seven for Manly at Remondis Stadium
- Sea-Eagles defeated the Sharks earlier in the year, 28-16
- Sharks have won seven of last eight games
Storm (30) v Broncos (38)
- Storm have won eight of their past nine games against the Broncos
- Round two, 2009 was the last time the Broncos defeated the Storm at Suncorp Stadium
- Broncos defeated the Storm earlier in the year, 14-12
- Brisbane have won nine of their past 10 games at home.
Bulldogs (30) v Warriors
- Bulldogs have won their last four matches against the Warriors
- Bulldogs have won last four games, Warriors have lost seven in a row
- The Bulldogs have won four of the past five games at ANZ Stadium
- The Warriors last match against the Bulldogs at ANZ Stadium was in 2010 and the Warriors won 30-24.
Rabbitohs (30) v Roosters (38)
- Roosters have won their last 11 matches
- The Rabbitohs have lost three of their last four matches
- The Roosters have won the past round 26 matches against the Rabbitohs
- The Rabbitohs defeated the Roosters earlier in the year, 34-26