You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content

Wentworthville Magpies won their fourth game of the season 16-4, breaking the Canterbury Bulldogs' three-match winning streak.

Magpies dominated field position and possession for the entire 80 minutes, and whilst their execution let them down in the first half, they did enough in the second half to pick up the win.

Wentworthville Magpies 16 (A Quinlan, B Henry, J Butler-Fleming tries; C Nelson, Henry goals) bt Canterbury Bulldogs 4 (T Phillips try)

Penrith Panthers 30 (E Aiono 2, W Smith, I John, L Latu, W Albert tries; A Davis 2, Smith goals) bt Newcastle Knights 24 (C Redman, L Fitzgibbon, J Tapine, D Levi tries; K Holland 4 goals)
SUMMARY: Penrith take the second grand final replay defeating Newcastle in an absorbing and at times physical encounter at Pepper Stadium, 30-24. Penrith, through Will Smith and Isaac John, got the defending premiers out to a 30-12 lead midway through the second half before Newcastle scored twice to set up a grandstand finish as the home side hung on for their sixth win from seven games.

Mounties 26 (M Cronin, J Hawkins, G Buttriss, S Bristow, T Pangai-Junior tries; M Cornish 3 goals) drew with North Sydney Bears 26 (J Reddy 2, L Schaumkel, S Sorensen, C Walker tries; Walker 3 goals)
SUMMARY: Mounties and North Sydney Bears played out an entertaining 26-all draw.
Bears controlled early on through Cody Walker and Joel Reddy until the Mounties came to life. Two late tries from the Bears lead to a grandstand finish with the ball being kept alive for the final play for over a minute after the siren before the two sides came to a stalemate.

Manly Sea Eagles 34 (D Berryman 2, J Hodges 2, M Chee Kam 2 tries; K Aldridge 4, M Rudolph goals) bt Wests Tigers 18 (D Hoeter 2, K Rowe tries; J Drinkwater 3 goals)
SUMMARY: The Manly Sea Eagles notched back-to-back victories with a convincing 16 point victory against Wests Tigers at Campbelltown Stadium. Jayden Hodges and Michael Chee Kam were simply outstanding for Manly who now sit one win outside the top eight. Wests Tigers jumped out to an early 12-0 lead before suffering their fourth-straight loss. 

Illawarra Cutters 24 (J Hunt, C Garvey, R Packer, S Wakeman tries; S Crook 4 goals) bt Newtown Jets 6 (D Abou-Sleiman try; T Murphy goal)
SUMMARY: The Illawarra Cutters increased the gap between them and the bottom of the top eight with an 18-point victory over the Newtown Jets at WIN Stadium. Despite conceding a try in the final five minutes, the Cutters were outstanding in defence, regularly shutting down repeated pressure from the Jets on their way to picking up their third-straight victory and the Tom Kirk Cup.

New Zealand Warriors 28 (D Palavi 2, D Fusitua, V Kaveinga, D Peyroux tries; M Lino 4 goals) bt Wyong Roos 0
The Warriors produced a remarkable turnaround at Mount Smart Stadium today, converting a 44-point loss to Canterbury-Bankstown last week into a 28-0 shutout of Wyong. With captain John Palavi and Matt Allwood back from injury, the home side put on three converted tries in the first half; prop Daniel Palavi with a double to open the scoring. Protecting a lead of 18-0, the Warriors extended to 28-0 with two more tries to climb back into the top four. 

This article first appeared on

Acknowledgement of Country

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs respect and honour the Darug and Eora nations, who are the Traditional Custodians of the land and pay our respects to their Elders past, present and future. We acknowledge the stories, traditions and living cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples on the lands we meet, gather and play on.