A determination to see all women living in safety, free from violence and abuse has led to the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs today becoming the first professional sporting team in Australia to sign White Ribbon as their major community partner.
The Club has committed to assisting White Ribbon in their work to eliminate violence against women with a three year partnership that will see:
- all players taking the White Ribbon Oath in which they swear never to commit, excuse or remain silent about violence against women
- the Bulldogs becoming a White Ribbon accredited work place & encouraging business partners to follow their lead
- players trained to operate as White Ribbon Ambassadors
- the delivery of the White Ribbon Schools programme to five schools within the Canterbury Bankstown District during every year of the partnership
- promotion of White Ribbon messaging through game day activations
- provision of significant fundraising opportunities for White Ribbon