Head Coach Des Hasler has applauded the game for what will be an amazing weekend.
This week will see the rugby league community come together and support Alex Mckinnon in his efforts to continue his rehabilitation from the injury he suffered in round 3.
“It’s a great weekend ahead and the way the players and the NRL have come together to support such an event will make for a special weekend,” said Hasler.
The Bulldogs have made a huge contribution to the RiseForAlex fund when they donated $25,000 in round 8 and this week the donations have continued with the Bulldogs major sponsor Jaycar donating $50,000 to the fund.
“Weekend’s like this galvanise everyone, especially someone like Gary Johnston who is the owner of Jaycar to donate $50,000 this week and $10,000 back in round 8, just goes to show what impact Alex has had on the community,” said Halser.
How you can Rise for Alex.
• The NRL will be donating one dollar to the RiseForAlex Fund for every Rugby League fan who attends any match during Round 19.
• Fans can make donations by purchasing a RiseForAlex wristband that will be sold at all matches across the RiseForAlex Round (Round 19 & 20).
• Fans can also make donations online at www.riseforalex.org.au or by texting RiseForAlex to 0498 555 555.
• The NRL Footy Show, along with Telstra, will open up the lines for donations with a call centre from 8.30pm AEST on July 17. Telephone: 1800 441 991.
150 Telstra volunteers and players from several clubs will answer calls during the night.
• The Daily Telegraph will donate one dollar from every newspaper sold on Saturday 19 July.
The NRL’s broadcast partners Fox Sports, 2GB and Triple M have also contributed support to the RiseForAlex round.