Marked Men: Parramatta Eels
Thursday 25 July 2013 10:22 AM
Check out this list of 'Marked Men' from the Parramatta Eels that Bulldogs HQ has singled out as players to watch when the Bulldogs take on Parramatta at ANZ Stadium this Friday Night.
The front-rower has been outstanding this year for a team who has had a tough season. He consistently goes about his work with little fuss and continues to lead by example. He is not a flashy player, not one who will win you a game of footy, but one who you know will do the job week in, week out. He is the leader of their forward pack and is one player the Dogs will have to be effective on, because he does make big meters with his carries and will often find a quick play the ball.
- Has made 4 errors all year
- Averages 13 runs (123m) per game
- Averages 48 minutes per game
- Has missed only 8 tackles all year
- Averages 4 tackles from marker per game
- Has a tackle effectiveness of 95.3%
- Averages 33.8m per game in metres made after contact
The young centre has been a consistent performer for the Eels this year and his battle with Josh Morris on Friday night will be a beauty! He has great speed and for a young man only early in his career he certainly is developing into a game breaker for the Eels. He is strong in defence and is one player in the Parramatta side who can find open space. A player the Bulldogs Left side will need to be aware of.
- Averages 8 runs (68m) per game
- Has 31 tackle breaks for the season
- 5 tries this year
- Averages 20 tackles per game
- 7 line breaks
- 3 try assists
Joseph is a utility player for the Eels who can create something out of nothing. He has the ability to find space, put a teammate through a gap, has great footwork, a great offload and is a player the Eels rely on to ball play. He will often skip across field trying to entice the defense to open up a gap to put one of his teammates through, but his biggest strength is his versatility to play multiple positions on the field. Whether he starts or comes off the bench, he is a player the Dogs will need to keep an eye on.
- Averages 8 runs (65m) per game
- Averages 53 minutes per game
- Has a tackle effectiveness of 88.2%
- Averages 29 tackles per game
- Made only 6 errors all year
- Averages 13.3m per game in metres made after contact