Marked Men: Dragons
Friday 2 August 2013 1:40 PM
Check out this list of 'Marked Men' from the Dragons that Bulldogs HQ has singled out as players to watch when the Bulldogs take on St George Illawarra this Monday night.
The NSW full-back has been in exceptional form since his return to the game. He has only played eight games for the Dragons, but he has certainly been a big difference to the Saints side.
His work-rate is outstanding and is a player who can create something out of nothing. He is a player who will often take more than one hit-up in a set and is a player who can break tackles, get a quick play the ball and his presence on the field no doubt gives the Dragons plenty of confidence.
The Dogs kicking game and kick chase game will need to be effective on him. They will need to present him with a straight line, but also be very effective in the tackle to allow their defensive line get set.
- Averages 16 runs (158m) per game
- Averages 58.6m on kick returns per game
- Has 42 tackle breaks in 8 games at an average of 5.3 per game
- 6 line breaks
- 4 tries
- 10 kick breaks
- Has diffused 20/26 kicks at the back
The NSW winger has been one of the Dragons most consistent players this year and one of the most consistent wingers in the game.
His combination at the back for the Dragons alongside Dugan and Nightingale is one of the best in the game. He has a great work ethic, will always come in and help out the forwards, is one of the best dummy-half runners in the game and will often come up with the right decision in defence on the wing.
The Bulldogs will need to be very effective around the ruck defensively when-ever Brett is in and around the dummy-half area because he will use his pace to try and find a quick play the ball to get the set rolling for the Saints.
Like Dugan, the Dogs kicking game will need to be good, as he can hurt you if the kick chase line is not a good one.
- Averages 11 runs (106m) per game
- 45 tackle breaks for the year
- 6 line breaks
- 5 tries
- Is in the top 10 in the NRL for dummy half runs
- Averages 25.7m per game from kick returns
- Averages 40.5m per game from dummy half
The NSW forward has been the Dragons best this year. Whether he comes off the bench or starts he is always a handful and is a player who provides plenty of punch up front for the Saints.
He is a forward who has great footwork, is very mobile, has a great offload and a player who the Dragons will often turn to in regards to leadership.
The Bulldogs forward pack will need to be very effective on Trent on Monday night to slow down his effectiveness and limit his impact in the match.
He stands out statistically in both attack and defence.
- Averages 16 runs (135m) per game
- Has 41 offloads for the year with an average of 3 per game and has the 3rd most offloads in the NRL
- 26 tackle breaks for the year
- Averages 59 minutes per game
- Averages 31 tackles per game
- 5 errors all year
- Has a tackle efficiency of 91.2%