Bulldogs Donation Policy
Thursday 14 June 2012 11:30 AM
The Bulldogs are grateful recipients of exceptional support, strength and motivation from countless devoted fans across the Bulldogs community. As an elite sporting organisation it is our responsibility and commitment to play an active role within the community. We are currently working very hard to meet this obligation, by including the implementation of a formal community strategy.
The Bulldogs receive hundreds of donation requests and/or assistance from many worthy community groups each season. While the Bulldogs endeavours to support where we can, unfortunately we are unable to fulfil every worthwhile request due to the overwhelming volume of requests received.
Results from extensive research indicate fans of the Bulldogs community exist beyond the local Canterbury-Bankstown District and into both regional and interstate communities.
To be equitable to all valued Bulldogs community members, donation memorabilia has been allocated amongst the following geographic areas:
• Bulldogs Canterbury-Bankstown District
• Outer Sydney
• Regional NSW
• Priority will be granted to requests which are external to a specific NRL teams geographical boundaries
Approved donation requests must meet the goals of the Bulldogs Community Program.
More specifically, priority will be given to:
1) Bulldogs members who have a suitable donation request.
2) Community groups that have some affiliation with the game of Rugby League, especially the Bulldogs.
3) Local schools and Junior Rugby League Clubs
4) To be eligible for assistance the following year, organisations must fill in and return the feedback form.
The Bulldogs receive many requests from individuals who have fallen on hard times. Whilst we endeavour to assist as many of these people as possible, the individual’s relationship with the Bulldogs will be a factor in assisting these types of requests.
1) All donation requests must be submitted online via the Bulldogs official Donation Request Form – www.bulldogs.com.au/donation-request-form
2) For those applications which may not have access to a computer, requests can be made in writing on the relevant organisation letter head and sent to:
Bulldogs in the Community
PO Box 123
Belmore, NSW 2192
3) Requests must be received at least 6 weeks prior to the event. Please allow up to 6 weeks for your request to be processed.
4) The Bulldogs will not accept phone call, emailed or faxed requests.
5) If the request is being made on behalf of a registered charity or community organisation with their support, a reference or sanction letter from that organisation must accompany that request. This may not be necessary if raising funds for an individual.
The Bulldogs does not:
• Offer cash donations or sponsorship.
• Receive personal requests for birthdays, wedding or anniversaries.
• Support those who are aligned to any anti-social groups.
• Accept merchandise for the purpose of autographing. Items received by the Bulldogs will be returned to the sender. The Bulldogs can not be held responsible for items that are lost or damaged. To obtain player signatures the Bulldogs recommends joining the membership program and attending member specific events and signing days.